Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vaca

Ack! Lost my post! I hates that!

Anyhoo - take twooo....

I am vacationing in lovely Rehoboth Beach, DE with my fab family. The weekend went quickly, with my brother, sister in law, and nephew heading home yesterday....not to mention the sad departure of my hubby to go home b/c he has to work today! *wah* I miss him already - though my sister, Erin, decided to join me in my room, so I'm not too lonely....

This is tough, though....staying on track on vacation. Sheesh. Meals are okay - but it's the in between that gets me bad.....every day's grocery list includes, "danish, croissants, and donuts" for munching in between meals. Let me tell you - not cool for a post WLS girl. I've been good overall - but I have had moments of weakness - and the concept of slider foods definitely has reared its ugly head this weekend.....crackers and sweets go down way too easily - and I barely feel restriction with them. Mind you, these used to be my trigger foods, so it's even worse. And, my family is a big trigger in and of themselves.....since they are not the healthiest of eaters.....i.e. my diabetic dad having some steudel pieces with his coffee in the AM....before his medicine....but I digress.....

It's going to be harder without my hubby here...he is my entree splitter, Jiminy Cricket at times, and cheerleader. The restriction is helpful, but most the work is squarely on my shoulders. And this week is HARD.

I'm off to chill with my seester, who just joined me on the porch.... Going to relax and take it in.....it is vacation, after all! =)

Thanks for reading!
Laur =)

1 comment:

  1. if I had known you weren't supposed to be snacking like that, I would have stopped you! Or even shared a meal with you. BOO!! Sorry it's so tough on you. I wish I was still with you!!

    ReplyDelete