Thursday, June 17, 2010

Almost a week since last blog? Unreal....

I am so proud - I walked a 5K as the opener to the Relay for Life...and although I did have to rest for a couple of hours after, I did it! I hadn't eaten before hand (not smart on my part) so my body rebelled. But, I'm so proud....I estimate I walked between 12 and 15 miles during the weekend. It was wonderful. Check that off my goal list!

I have to say - some of the posts I've been seeing on OH lately have my brain swimming...... particularly about relationship changes following WLS. I have no concerns about my marriage/relationship for many reasons..... As they say, if a marriage is bad before WLS, it will remain bad after.....WLS won't fix it...... in fact, it can amplify issues - from what I have read. I would assume that as your self esteem is boosted, the issues can become more evident. I get that.....

Fortunately, I have a hubby who is so proud of me..... dotes on me..... and has supported me every step of the way. Our love life is better than it's been in a while, I think because I feel sexier and more worthy of his affections. This is a HUGE change from how I used to feel about myself. HE was always the one bugging ME to exercise, so my wanting to is a big positive! We still have everything in common and communicate well....sure, we have our tiffs....who doesn't? But a good argument is a sign of communication - and honest communication at that. I am truly blessed.

A marriage doesn't just take care of itself - you have to feed it with love and affection and a little work.....that's always how I was taught and it has served me well. I'm happier than I've ever been.....in all aspects of my life. I wouldn't trade this life/feeling for anything.....I wish everyone the same.

WLS does NOT have to = relationship problems. It CAN, but it doesn't HAVE to. I think the fact that our relationship has survived infertility, relocation, financial issues, unemployment, etc....and we're still good? That's why we make it still today - and will for years to come. <3

Thanks for reading.
<3 you all!
Laur =)

No comments:

Post a Comment