Monday, July 26, 2010

How Sweet!!!

Hey, all -

Long time no blog - I'm trying to be better about it, but life keeps getting in the way! I'm a busy woman!

This weekend was wonderful. Went to Scranton to work the St. Joseph's Center festival, like I do every year, making funnel cakes. But first....I went back to Zumba! Made it through the entire class without dying - and even did some of the moves that threw my SI out to begin with. I was so proud of me..and had so much fun.

Sooo, we're at St. Joe's - I'm wearing my brand new, size 18, Old Navy jeans (got them for $5! you can't get plus sized jeans for $5 EVER) - and I finally see my friend's Dad, who is 5 years post bypass and one of my biggest supporters! He and his wife waited around to see me - and were so proud when they saw me. Then the other amazing thing happened...

Each year I run into my 5th grade teacher, Mr. Cici. My sister and I see him - go over and give him a hug, ask how he is - we start talking.....and all of a sudden he asks Jennifer, "so how IS Laurie?" I said, "I'm right here!" He thought I was my BABY sister, Erin! Now, not only is she small and stunning, she is 14 years my JUNIOR! I was so excited! It was hilarious....he was so embarrassed, but I was so flattered! I was thrilled with the mistake! His daughter, the lovely Marifran, went to high school with me and has been keeping him aprised of my progress - but to see it for himself must have been shocking. It was the highlight of my night!

So, here I am. Current weight is 237.....size 18....can shop at regular stores now.....unbelievable. And I'm still losing. I can't wait until my 6 month check up on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! Love you! PS you need to come visit us. The end.

    ReplyDelete