Friday, July 2, 2010

Merely "Obese"

Hey, all!

Internet is back, I'm back in full addict mode, we're moved into the house and I'm feeling and doing very well! But there is one great, pertinent piece of news I am thrilled to share....

I am no longer in the "morbidly obese" category according to the BMI charts! I am merely "obese". I'm so thrilled. Never did I think with a BMI of 56 at the start of this journey that I would have one under 40 so soon. It's so amazing. I can't put it into words.

On another note - I have started journaling my food again and am realizing that I have not been a very good girl. I am averaging about 50 - 60 g/protein/day...when I'm supposed to be getting 80. My labs are not going to be good unless I get on the stick. And I plan to - I have to get my labs drawn in the next two weeks....gotta get it together! Bring on the shakes and bocoup snacks. The problem is? I have no cravings at all, never feel hungry, and have no inkling of what I want to eat when it's time to eat. I definitely only eat to live now....and it's still a strange sensation. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's still weird, even after 5 months of it.

Tomorrow is Grandma's surprise 90th birthday party in Auburn, NY. I can't wait to see my family - some of which don't even know I've had surgery...so they'll be shocked to see the difference in me...in all facets. So cool. I can't wait to see my Grandma!! =) She's amazing.

Thanks for reading, all! Have a wonderful Independence Day weekend....don't eat too much potato salad and don't drink too much! <3

Laur =)

No comments:

Post a Comment