Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's been a while.....blah blah blah blah blah.....

Hey, all -

I know I've been absent as of late..and after my Wegman's meltdown, I was kinda embarrassed. But I'm only human....and I was so depressed about my venture there....the first meltdown of its kind since surgery. One in 6 months isn't bad, right?

Brief update - I'm now down to 241# (at last weigh), BMI is 37ish, and I'm wearing a solid size 18/XL pants and XL, sometimes L shirts. It's pretty twisted....but amazing and I love it. Feeling pretty good - but know I'm not getting enough of my protein in....my nutritionist will not be happy with my 6 month labs.....I've been a slacker in the protein dept....but I digress. I actually got my 80 grams in yesterday...so I'm on the right track. I just have to stay there.

I'm going back to a Zumba class on Saturday with my sister.....I hope I don't throw something out again.....I'm a bit nervous, but excited all at once. My foree back into Zumba...hopefully it'll be a wonder to behold.

I will say - the energy I have now? Rediculous. We went to NYC on Sunday - and I was outwalking everyone! Jeff actually said, "I think I liked it better when I had to slow down for YOU....SLOW DOWN!" It was pretty liberating not to have to ask everyone to slow down for me. To be able to keep up? I'm so proud. I got to see the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Empire State, and went to dinner with my sisters - who happened to be there for the Yankees game. They came into midtown afterwards to meet us at our Italian restaurant on 46th. It was wonderful. I even drove into the city instead of taking the train....that was an experience - not sure if it's one I'll repeat....but I've driven in Manhattan once.....*check!* Off the bucket list.

K, I'm off to get ready for work. Thanks for reading! It's been too long - and I promise not to be gone so long next time.

*hugs*
Laurie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment