Thursday, January 20, 2011

Long time no post....updates, holidays, and the future!

Hi, all!I'm baaaack!It's been a while and with the holidays and all, it's been quite a challenging couple of months. I will start with my updates measurement wise and weight wise!

Weight: 197 (yes, ONE!)
LBS lost: 164!!
Clothing: pants - consistently a 14, shirts - depends on the shirt - some med, some lg
Waist: 34"
Hips: 46" (I think...)
BMI: 30.5 (I am almost merely overweight....insanity)

This year we hosted Thanksgiving again. In the new house....with 16 people for dinner. It was wonderful! I ate off a saucer and had a couple bites of all the entrees. I even had a bite of pumpkin cheesecake - which I made more WLS friendly by subbing sugar for splenda and using fat free cream cheese...didn't even know the diff! I was so happy about it.

Christmas was so much fun! We didn't do anything of consequence and we were just together. It was lovely. It was the first year we had the big tree, and the first year in a long time we had the cats out and had to think about what they were going to do with the big tree. It's a 9' pre lit tree....it was so great having my family here Thanksgiving week to help put it up. It was the most festive Christmas we've had in a long time.

The struggle for us to have a baby pre surgery was really trying on us - and holidays just didn't have the joy they used to. The more our family and friends had babies and grew their families, the more miserable holidays were. It was so nice to be happy, healthy, and joyous Christmas. I am truly thankful for the blessings in my life....and the new life I've been afforded as a result of this surgery.Now, I'm one year out, another year wiser and healthier....and closer than ever to having a family. The future is SO bright. I may have to wear shades.

Talk soon - stay strong and focused, friends.
Thanks for reading!
<3, Laurie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment