Friday, May 21, 2010

GEARING UP!

For my first exercise goal.....to walk a 5K as the opening of the Scranton Relay for Life. I'm going to use this as my starting time and plan to grow on this goal and ultimately jog/walk my next and would LOVE to jog a whole one - but that's a LONG way off.....

As I mentioned before, my family is walking the Relay in memory of my grandmother, Helen Phillips, who passed away in February. She had metastatic breast cancer and died just shy of her 92nd birthday. I'm walking for her, my late grandfather (Gerald Esken), my Uncle Billy McGlone, Shannon McDonough (gone WAY too soon..miss you), my little cousins (Ethan and Jonathan Moore) who both are leukemia survivors, my parents (Donna and Dave Esken) who are both cancer survivors (uterine and prostate...I'm sure you can figure out which is which...*grin*). Not to mention the numerous others.....there are far too many to mention.

I don't want anyone to feel pressured - but if you would like to make a small donation to the American Cancer Society towards our team goal of $1000, I would truly appreciate it. If you would like - there is the opportunity to purchase a Luminaria to be displayed during the ceremony at dusk at the stadium.... they are $10 and can be purchased in honor of a survivor or in memory of someone lost. They can be purchased on my personal webpage as well. Please visit my personal webpage to check it out!

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/helenskids_Laurie

I appreciate your reading my blatherings....it's a wonderful thing to have an outlet to vent and share.....I'm thankful for you all. *hugs*

<3
Laurie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment