Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Down Day.....

I went to my friend's daughter's 3rd birthday party yesterday..... it was so much fun while we were there. As we ventured home, of course the baby bug hits me again.

Now, I knew going into this surgery that we couldn't even think about trying to have our own baby for 12 - 18 months after surgery, and I am overall okay with that. But we had talked about starting more seriously pursuing adoption after we're in the new house, but there is so much to consider.....

I went back to the sad place I was in before surgery - and even though it didn't last for very long - it was not the happy place I've been in for 3 months. I felt life was going to pass us by and we'd always have to live vicariously through my friends and family. And I didn't like it one bit. I know I will be an older mom, but a mom nonetheless. We have time....not as much as I would like.....but we have time nonetheless. Whether we have a biological or adopted child will not matter.....we will have a child. I truly believe this with all my being. But, on the off chance that it isn't in the cards? We'll deal with that when the time comes - but I truly don't think we'll have to worry about that. But if we do have to deal - we'll face it head on and be stronger for it in the end.

So, in seeing that I was in a sad mood today - my wonderful husband made today about me. We went and saw the house, we went to the movies (saw the Losers - hilarious!), went shopping, and came home and watched TV cuddled on the couch. This is what life is about, everyone. Living each and every day to the fullest and basking in the happy moments. Sure, you have to deal with the sad and the hard times - but love is what makes those times bearable and the good stuff possible. And THAT is what I'm going to concentrate on.

And now, to focus and my next mini goal - when I hit 100# lost, I'm getting a massage! I have about 18# to go. And it'll go quickly. *hugs*

Thanks for reading my rambling....today's was an interesting one.
<3
Laur =)

1 comment: