Friday, May 7, 2010

Great day! And Strange Discoveries....

So.....after several mornings of getting pissed off and trying to kick my scale to the curb... I did some experimenting.... Yes, I am having a love hate relationship with my scale. My husband graciously hid it from me in an effort to save my sanity - but in the process of going into the linen closet to get a new toothbrush, I found it. And the relationship continued. Anyhoo...

I have found that, against all concepts I have been taught, I weigh less in the EVENING than I do first thing in the morning. Now, for those of you who were taught for the absolute minimal number you have to weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after peeing, before any form of consumption whatsoever. Apparently, that is not true for all. This flies in the face of all I've ever known! I feel like I've been cheated! But I can't beat myself up for what I didn't know....I weighed yesterday AM, was 278, weighed last night....I was 274. So, I'm going with the 274. This is my new low! And now - for the ama-za-zing events of this morning.....

1. I am officially more than 1/2 way to my first goal, which is 190#. Where I go from there, we shall see! =)
2. I officially not only fit into my size 20 jeans - I wore them to work today and was able to function....incredible.

I'm so psyched..... the non-scale victories are so incredible....sometimes better than the scale ones! It makes the weight loss real - and the changes in my life a reality.....and I'm so thankful for them.

And now....to endure Mother's Day. And although I cannot celebrate the joy of BEING a mom, I am so thankful for my Mom.... I would not be the strong, independent woman I am today without her guidance and love. She is truly my best friend. I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!

For all you Moms out there - Happy Mother's Day...for those of you who aren't moms yet, beit by choice or by fate, hug and love your Moms...... They're the cornerstone!

Love you all - thanks for reading!
<3
Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment