Saturday, May 15, 2010

Relay for Life!

Well, I'm getting geared up for the Relay for Life in Scranton - happening June 12 - 13th from 9AM - 9PM. My former place of employment has graciously decided to dedicate the Allied team this year to my Nanni, who passed away a short 12 weeks ago. It was an amazing gesture, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to honor her memory and her battle with breast cancer.

And so - my first exercise related goal. I told my sisters that I wanted to, as the opening to the relay, walk a 5K. I will have to work towards being able to do 3.2 miles without a rest.....I think I could do it now....but I want to be able to do it in a decent time and with minimal struggle....let the training begin! I've been doing some time on the elliptical - which I hate, but it does the trick. Need to spend some serious time on the treadmill and do some walking around Glasgow Park.....that's a 5K track. I have 3 weeks. It's not much time, but with dedication and sheer will - I'll git-r-done.

At some point, I'll be putting the donation website on my blog..... please do not feel like you HAVE to donate - but if you have been touched in any way by cancer, it's a wonderful opportunity to work towards a cure. I would appreciate any help... *hugs*

Thanks for reading! Talk soon!
<3
Laur =)

1 comment:

  1. After reading this, you've made me want to do a 5K walk. There is a child abuse prevention one in Wilmington next month, I am looking into it.

    ReplyDelete